Our Key Services
Casterbridge Electricians can provide:
Thatched and Period Properties
At Casterbirdge Electricians we have the extra care and knowledge required to carry out maintenance and installations within thatched and/or period properties. We have worked in many thatched properties over the years and provide a service that meets the rigorous safety demands of a thatched property.
Likewise with period properties our care and attention to detail sees your electrical maintenance or installation provided with our utmost diligence and respect for the property.
Periodic tests and inspections
Our periodic test inspections include a full inspection and testing of the fixed wiring of a property including:
- Earth bonding to gas and water
- Correct consumer unit and circuit breakers
- Damage to cables, sockets, switches etc
- Full instrument test of all circuits.
Testing and maintaining fire alarms and Emergency lighting
Both fire detection and emergency lighting systems require regular tests to ensure that they are fault free and ready for use. Testing and maintenance regimes require certain activities to be conducted on a daily, monthly and annual basis. This is something we can also offer as part of a pro-rata maintenance contract.
Portable Appliance testing (PAT)
The most important reasons for carrying out Portable Appliance Testing are:
- To comply with the Electricity At Work Regulations
- Risk of fire and injury due to faulty electrical equipment is minimised
- Insurance companies cannot dispute claims for damage through fire because of insufficient electrical maintenance
- The ISO 9000 Quality Assurance Standard requires all companies to comply with the Health and Safety requirements; portable appliance testing is required to comply with this standard.
Our regular PAT test customers include:
- Offices & Business premises
- Restaurants, Bars and Entertainment venues
Once we have carried out your PAT test a certificate is produced for your files indicating the results of the individual tests. Each item of electrical equipment is given an individual number and identified with a sticker. This will ensure that the item can be tracked and provides a clear indication of its pass / fail status.
Bespoke plan for ongoing Maintenance
If you require regular maintenance on one or more properties or wish to carry out regular safety tests and inspections we can work out a plan that works for your business. Call us today to discuss or send us an email.